Corporate Anger Management/Executive Coaching Training: We also specialize in on-site corporate trainings as well as a stress and anger management programs for employees for your company or organization. Workplace aggression costs companies millions of dollars every year. The Bureau of Justice show that over 500,000 victims of workplace violence lose over 1.8 million workdays a year, at a cost of 55 million a year. Anger management intervention cuts costs by decreasing the liability a company may face by having an inappropriate employee behave badly towards others. It also helps solve employee problems because they will learn skills to better manage their anger and stress. Online anger management classes are also available for employers who are in need of a distance learning format for their employees, click here.
Skills for on-site trainings typically include: The use of our exclusive "8 Tool Model Approach", which includes teaching skills in: assertive communication, improving judgment and impulse control, stress management, empathy and emotional awareness, expectation management, improving self-talk, and anger control techniques. These trainings are also an excellent method for team building and fostering respect among co-workers. All trainings include client workbooks, assessements, and follow up consulation from our staff.
We also offer a series of workplace violence and assertiveness trainings. Our trainings are designed to help improve the skills necessary to increase productivity of employees and to equip management with the tools necessary to engage their employees more effectively. Research findings suggest that increasing ones capacity for empathy also increases one's productivity and improved teamwork. Anger management trainings will be a cost savings to your organization because they will teach skills which will ultimately reduce tension and friction, improve moral, and decrease the chances of employee law suits.
At the AJ Novick Group we focus on helping employees become more productive, more passionate about their work, and in tern, generate more revenue for your organization. Anger management training should be viewed as a major benefit to employees, as it will teach skills that are frequently overlooked by employers.
We will customize a program to meet the needs of your company. We can directly train HR staff to help improve their ability to work with difficult employees or we can train employees in groups to better work with their co-workers. We typically offer on-site trainings, which can last from a few hours to a few days depending on your organizations needs. We will provide targeted and tailored training that will effectively reach your organization's objectives. Everyone trained will receive a workbook, and additional training collateral. We also offer pre and post evaluations of all participants as well as unlimited email access for one month after a training for additional support.
We realize your company's financial success comes from a direct result from your employee's happiness and professional development. The AJ Novick Group is dedicated to helping your company reach its long-term goals of success and profitability. Please call for a free consultation.
Services Offered (Coaching programs are in person only):
- On-Site Corporate Trainings: Customized trainings for employees. Topics include: Anger management, stress management, assertiveness training, skills in judgment and impulse control, and empathy training. We also offer workshops on how to diffuse hostile people and working with difficult employees as well as workplace violence and assertiveness training.
- Employee Anger Management: Classes designed for employees who inappropriately express stress, anger or aggressive behaviors in the workplace.
- Anger Management Coaching: Anger management coaching is ideal for upper management and leaders in organizations, click here for more information.
- Accelerated Anger Management Classes for Managers, Executives and subordinates at all levels: Customized programs with workbooks, assessments and additional training materials. Accelerated classes are usually 4-8 hours in length, depending on your companies needs.
- Anger Management Classes and Coaching for Disruptive Physicians
- Home Study Corporate Programs: We also offer a variety of Home Study Anger Management Programs. Home study Anger Management is often an effective way to help employees learn skills in anger management without having to take the time to attend weekly classes and eliminates travel expenses.
NEW: Corporate Online Anger Management Classes for Employees
We have recently launched the first available online anger management program specifically for employees. This course is ideal for corporations who would like to take a proactive stance against potential workplace issues surrounding anger and stress management or as part of a disciplinary action for an employee. These exclusive corporate online anger management classes can be purchased in bundles at a discount, and classes can be monitored by the Human Resource or company representative. The employer will have access to employees "log" information and can closely monitor progress. This online course covers the same "8 Tools of Anger Control" as our live classes, but at a fraction of the cost. Classes can be taken either on or off site and are available to the employee 24 hours a day until completed. Click this link to learn more about our Corporate Online Anger Management Classes for Employees
Workplace Violence and Assertiveness Trainings:
Workplace violence is defined as: violent acts directed at a person at work or on duty (i.e., physical assault, threats of assault, harrassment, intimidation or bullying). Workplace violence can occur at the workplace, while on travel, on field locations, or at a clients home. Workplace violence has 4 classifications: Criminal, Customer or Client, Co-worker and Domestic Violence.
Workplace violence and assertiveness trainings typically include the following components:
1. Skills in effective communication and listening
2. Empathy and social awareness training
3. Introduction of ways to handle volitile people and/or situations
4. Introduction of ways to diffuse hostile people
5. Anger management and conflict resolution training
6. Skills in improving impulse control and judgment
7. Stress management training
8. Expectation management
9. Use of EAP programs and adjuctive resources
10. Basic crisis skills training
11. Learning to identify hostile situations and people (warning signs)
12. Introduction to calming techniques, cool down's and time-outs
How does Corporate Training Work?
The first step is to call or email our office so that we can learn more about your organizations needs. Most companies like to have our agency perform an on-site training as either part of a regularly scheduled training or company meeting while some will elect to have a special training organized for specific staff members. For trainings over 30 employees, we typically like to interview some key staff to develop what is called a "Needs Assessment". This will better help our staff understand not just what HR is requesting, but what the actual participants are hoping to learn. We also offer pre and post evaluations for participants. These will help those attending better understand what they need to learn as well as show what they have retained after the seminar.
Corporate anger and stress management trainings can last from a few hours to a few days, depending on what your companies expectations are for achieved results. Training over four hours are usually more didactic, with participants going into break-out groups and practicing skills with a group leader. Shorter workshops are usually in the form of a presenter using client workbooks, a powerpoint presentation, and the use of DVD's. There will be group discussion and participation, as well as a detailed Q & A during and at the end of the presentation.
Most companies view stress and anger management as well as violence prevention and assertivness training as a cost savings, as skills in these areas can greatly reduce liability, absenteeism, and improve moral and productivity. Please feel free to call with questions or email. Our office phone is (949) 715-2694 or contact us.