Certification as an Anger Management Professional can both boost your practice or your agencies referal network tremendously. Anger management is both a niche practice as well as a needed intervention for a large variety of populations. Certification through Century Anger Management can help.
The AJ Novick Group and the Anger Coach, in partnership with Century Anger Management, offers certification as an Anger Management Professional. The certification training is open to those with a background in mental health, education, substance abuse, domestic violence, corrections, law enforcement, pastoral counseling, and human resources. Students in these fields may also be accepted.
Century Anger Management is owned and operated by Anthony Fiore, Ph.D. and Ari Novick, Ph.D.. Their highly acclaimed model of anger management is described and widely distributed over the Internet and is used by probation departments, mental health agencies, country and governmental agencies, clergy, law enforcement, and private practicioners. Clients who benefit most from this model are court referals, HR referrals, corporate executives, physicians, law enforcement, and others who need qualified anger management services.
Certification benefits include:
- Approved for CEUs by CAADE, California certification number: CP-10704C110
- Approved for CEU's by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences. PCE# 2668
- Approved for CEU's by CAADAC: 1N-06-745-0108
- Approved for CEU's by NAADAC (National Association for Addiction Professionals): #570
- Listed on Century Anger Management's national certified provider list
- High quality marketing support and marketing membership
- Complimentary client workbook, "Anger Management for the Twenty-First Century" as well our "Companion Guide" for Anger Management Professionals
- Recieve additional learning materials as well as forms and sample marketing materials
- Anger Management is used and accepted for court, business, and personal referrals
As of January 1st, 2007, New 40 Hour Training Requirement for Century Anger Management Professional Certification
Certification training through Century Anger Management can be accomplished with TWO options:
OPTION #1 Live Content Certification Training
- 8-hour Live Adult Certification Content Training (Day 1) $225.00
- 8-hour Live Adolescent/Experiential Training (Day 2) $225.00
- 24-hour Online Training of Adult and Adolescent Review, Executive Coaching, Assessment Review, Marketing and Business Practices, and Ethics $145.00
Visit Century Anger Management
Space is LIMITED!
Register for Live Content Training Total Training Cost $695.00
All sections can be taken and paid for separately
OPTION #2 Home Study Certification Training
*8-Hour DVD Content Certification $195.00
*32-hour Online Training of Adult and Adolescent Review, Executive Coaching, Special Applications, Assessment Review, Marketing and Outreach, Business Practices, and Ethics $300.00
Register for Home Study Training Total Cost: $595.00
All sections can be taken and paid for separately
Century Anger Management is based on the 8 Tools of Anger Control featured in both our Adult and Adolescent client workbooks, "Anger managment for the Twenty-first Century" and "Anger management for the Twenty-first Century for Adolescents".
The eight tools of anger management include:
- Review of Tool 1 — Dealing with Stress.How stress underlies anger. Physical, medical, mental and behavioral effects of stress. 4- Step model to deal with stress. Exercises. Resources.
- Review of Tool 2 — Developing Empathy. Definition and examples of empathy. Why empathy and "emotional intelligence" are important in anger management. How to teach participants ways to increase or improve empathic responses to others.
- Review of Tool 3 — Respond instead of React. How to present concept of difference between "reacting" and "responding" to anger/stress triggers. Concept that anger expression is a decision. Concept of finding other behaviors/ways to communicate needs, feelings or requests that are more effective than anger.
- Review of Tool 4 — Change Self-Talk. Concept of how self-talk (cognitions) influence emotions. A-B-C-D-E model of anger control. Examples of new cognitions to teach participants. How to think like an optimist.
- Review of Tool 5 — Assertive Communication - Harmful communication styles. How to be an assertive communicator. Strategies to handle and resolve interpersonal conflict.
- Review of Tool 6 — Adjust Those Expectations. Expectations and anger Five steps to adjust expectations in relationships and in the workplace. Philosophy of finding alternative ways for need satisfaction. Strategies to teach this concept.
- Review of Tool 7 — Forgive, but don't forget. 3 steps in forming a grievance. Issue of "should you forgive?" Why forgiving is good for your health and peace of mind. Seven steps to forgiveness.
- Review of Tool 8 — Retreat and Think Things Over. Learning to "stay in the box." (of anger control). Warning signs to heed. Rules to make this tool effective. The freeze-frame technique for self-soothing. Changing self-talk during the "retreat" period.